Design For eXcellence or DfX is a systematic design approach that entails wide range of guidelines and standards focused on optimizing the product realization lifecycle.Design for Manufacturability, Design for Assembly, Design for Cost, Design for Serviceability, Design for Performance guidelines, and so on, ensure that issues related to manufacturing, cost, quality, assembly and serviceability are addressed right at the design stage. If these guidelines are not adhered during the design stage it can lead to engineering changes occurring at later stages of product lifecycle which are highly expensive and can cause product delays and cost over-runs.
Geometric DFX® is a standalone design validation application that facilitates the implementation of DfX methods and guidelines in a systematic manner in an organization and improves the design process
- Geometric DFX assists design engineers to validate 3D CAD parts and assemblies for various downstream issues related to manufacturing, cost, quality, supplier capability, assembly, serviceability and environment right at the design stage.
- Runs analysis on any CAD file formats such as CATIA®, Creo Parametric™, Inventor®, NX™, Soild Edge®, SOLIDWORKS® as well as neutral formats like STEP/IGES.
- Helps avoid expensive features in design which can increase cost and create issues in manufacturing, assembly and servicing
- Helps to improve productivity of the design process by capturing downstream requirements early thus reducing design rework, review time and leading to better quality.
- Knowledge-driven framework to capture global best practices and tribal knowledge within organization
- The ‘Out of the Box’ (OOTB) version comes prepackaged with 100+ rules that take into account downstream issues impacting part or assembly design.
View Sample Design for Manufacturing Guidelines